Sunday 10 November 2013

Critical Reflection (Final)

  Time flies. Last week, we had our English course wrapped up. Before I write this critical reflection, I read my first reflection again. I remember I was freaked out during the first lesson. As time passes through, I am glad that I gain more confidence in either speaking or writing in English.

  From this module, I learnt how to develop a thesis statement, which is a “soul” of an essay. I did not even know what a thesis is before I take this course. Besides, I was exposed to features of academic essay.  The essay process, from how to choose a topic until how to develop it, equips me with better analytical thinking and writing skills. I would not panic when I cope with my future assignments and reports.

  I like the way we had the lesson. We were divided into small groups, conducting discussions, sharing opinions and giving feedbacks to our group members. I think it is meaningful as we learnt from each other and communicate with each other. I believe most of us need to work as a team in near future and unequivocally, great communication skill is an essential tool to attain success.


  I would bring what I learnt in this course along in my future English learning journey. I hope that I can keep improving and developing my interest in English.  

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Foo Eng,

    Time really flies! I agree with you that through this module, we learn the skills of academic writing and develop better analytical thinking.

    I also like how lessons are conducted in small groups. This arrangement creates a comfortable setting for students to participate actively in class.

    By the way, there is a minor error in your reflection:

    I would not be panic when I cope with my future assignments and reports.
    >> I would not panic...

    It's been a pleasure to know you! I wish you all the best in your studies. Good luck for the upcoming exams:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sumin!! I m glad to know you as well! Let us work hard for our studies, all the best to you as well. See you around=))

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Foo Eng! Thank you for this post!

    I can really relate the feeling of apprehensiveness when having to attend this course in the beginning. But i'm glad we've attended this module because we've learnt so much! I also remembered the time we had to come out with a thesis which was super brain draining, but hey, we managed to do it eventually right?! Hehe

    I totally agree with you about how this module helped us with analytical and writing skills which are really important for our future assignments (and jobs) ! Besides, communication and teamwork skills which were subtly injected in this module were beneficial, like what you have mentioned, these skills will be needed everywhere, especially in schools and our future jobs.

    Thank you for this great post, Foo Eng! Ive learnt a lot from your reflection :)
    And it was great knowing and working with you! :)

    All the best for your future endeavours (and exams) !

    ReplyDelete